Blind Biopsy Can Miss Diagnoses and May Add to Treatment Delays
In the evaluation of abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB), blind biopsy alone can miss diagnoses of up to 18% of patients and may add to treatment delays.
If cancer occupies less than 50%
of the surface area of the endometrial cavity, the cancer can be missed by a blind biopsy1
Blind biopsy alone could miss the diagnosis of focal lesions in
up to 18% of patients2
Use Direct Visualization at Point-of-Care
In premenopausal ovulatory women with AUB,
hysteroscopy will detect an anatomical structural lesion
in 65-80% of patients3
Diagnose More Accurately
Endosee allows you to diagnose uterine focal pathology more accurately than endometrial biopsy alone.
Sensitivity for diagnosing polyps1
Sensitivity for diagnosing myomas1
Sensitivity for diagnosing hyperplasia1
Save Time and Resources
In the OR
Office hysteroscopy can help decrease the rate of diagnostic hysteroscopy in the OR under anesthesia5
Feedback from 106 Endosee Trials with 42 Clinicians
Speed of Procedure:
- Average time per procedure: Less than 3 minutes
- Average time doctors were in the exam room per procedure: Less than 13 minutes
- “With Endosee, we can turn over the room in 20 minutes” – Physician feedback
- Cases in which visualization was reported “excellent” or “adequate”* 98%
- Procedures with anatomical challenges in seeing the complete uterine cavity+ 9%
*Remaining 2% of procedures were stopped prematurely due to patient request.
+Severe obstruction due to Asherman’s syndrome, multiple polyps or fibroids, or if severely anteflexed uterine position.
- Patients reporting no discomfort or mild discomfort* 91.5%
- Procedures in which NSAIDs were used 44.2%
- Procedures in which a paracervical block was used 37.5%
- Procedures in which a slight dilation was used 45.1%
*Discomfort reported was mostly due to uterine distention
1. ACOG Practice Bulletin Number 128. 2. Goldstein S, Zeltser I, Horan C, et al. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997;177:102-108. 3. Isaacson K. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2002;14:381-385. 4. Garcia A. OBG Manage. 2013;25:44-48. 5. Moawad N, Santamaria E, Johnson M, Shuster J. JSLS. 2014;18:1-5.